Samsung Odin Flash Tool – Download Odin Firmware Flashing Software
Odin is a utility software developed and used by Samsung internally. It can be used to flash a custom recovery firmware image (as opposed to the stock recovery firmware image) to a Samsung Android device. Odin is also used for unbricking certain Android devices.
There is no account of Samsung ever having officially openly released Odin, though it is mentioned in the developer documents for Samsung Knox SDK and some documents even instruct users to use Odin. Some other docs on Knox SDK reference “engineering firmware”, which presumably can be a part of the Knox SDK alongside with Odin. Publicly available binaries are probably believed to be the result of leaks.
Samsung Odin Flash Tool Features
Flash Stock Firmware – With Odin, you can Flash stock firmware on your Samsung Device. So this is extremely useful to come with a fix in a condition like crash, boot loop or any issue related to software operations.
Flash Custom Firmware (Flashing Custom ROM) – Flashing a Custom firmware stands for replacing content aiming modifications in the firmware. Odin allows an effective processing.
Flash Recovery File (TWRP) – Like Stock and Custom firmware flashing Odin gives the chance for flash Stock or Custom Recovery. In that way, you will be able to add many sorts of functions to your Samsung Android device.
Flash Kernels ( .tar/.zip/.img) – Flashing Stock or Custom Kernels is possible. Notice, you must have Odin flashable custom kernel (.tar) and compatible with your Android device.
Flash Root Package (MD5 and .tar files) – Odin can Flash custom root packages on your device to letting root access.
Requirements for Android to use Samsung Odin Flash Tool 3.13.1
The requirement for new Samsung Odin Flash Tool 3.13.1 installation requires just a few driver installations and a USB cable. The installations are to support ADB and FASTBOOT tool installation, updated USB drive installation and the PIT and TAR file installation.
A novice or an expert can meet with anything unusual during the rooting. It is not predictable that you are not going to face any of the issues. Hence it is, therefore, useful to have a data backup also before the rooting is started. If anything goes wrong, your device gets bricked the data backup can help you to recover the important information. Hence we strictly advised maintaining a data backup before rooting your Samsung smartphone.
Always remember, the latest comes with more sophisticated features. It is also common for Odin download 3.13.1. But the latest is not the best. Therefore it is your responsibility to check for the best version you need to deal with.
How to use Samsung Odin Flash Tool to Download – Step by Step Guide
- Download Samsung Odin 3.13.1 tool which was issued recently, on your Windows computer. This application will not ask you to install because this is a direct executable application. Execute the application as an administrator on your Windows system.
- Select Stock ROM firmware according to your smartphone model and the Android version. Then extract the downloaded ZIP file and remember that this file should be in ” *.bin, *.tar or 8.tar .MD5 ” file types because download Samsung Odin tool is compatible with these extensions only.
- Download and install device driver software if you have not installed before or if the installed driver is not in up to date.
- Boot your Samsung mobile to the download mode. Use the following steps to make this easy.
- Switch off the smartphone > Press and hold “Power button, Volume Down button, and the home button” together
- When it feels a vibration release the power key but keep holding other buttons until the device gets a window with a yellow triangular mark. Then press volume up key. You will see a green color Android robot with “Downloading” “Do not turn off target” text when booting into the download mode.
- Connect the Android smartphone, tablet to the computer using the collected USB cable. This application will detect connected Android device automatically and will display an Added message in the white field box.
- Click “PDA” or “AP” button to load downloaded stock firmware to the application. At the time you click this button it will display a window for browse this firmware file instantly. Then select the downloaded file from the window and hit “Open” button.
- After successfully load the firmware file click on the “Start” button to begin the process. Make sure not to operate your device while flashing process, if not your device may be bricked forever and become useless.
- Finally, a green color message labeled PASS! will display on the Odin download tool and your device will reboot automatically
- Make sure to download latest Samsung USB driver and install it on your PC.
- Odin only supports flashing firmware and files only on Samsung Android devices.
- The tool only supports Windows operating system (Or Wine On Linux).
- While using the tool, make sure that Samsung Kies software is not running or else it may interrupt the process.
- To install a Firmware, you must download the stock firmware for your device.
If you own old device and have some compatibility issues with latest updated version , try this one.
Odin 3 v3.07
Specially designed for the new generation Samsung smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and others.
Support SM-R350 (4MB xmit size for device type PARTITION_DEV_TYPE_NOR)
Fixed bugs of binary that offset over 4G in tar.
Improved interface with fixes to some issues.
Involved to getDeviceInfo (protocol_version 3)
Support feature phone (1MB xmit size for device type PARTITION_DEV_TYPE_NAND_WB1)
With a change sequence of RQT_INIT_DATA_SALESCODE for preventing erase parameter.
Implemented with file Drag&Drop
Support ufs device type.
With feature to implement UX of Mass D/W (56 port)
With a change UX of Odin3 (removed some options)
Added UFS Support device type.
Added UX of Mass D / W (56 port).
Changed UX (some option changes).
Supports Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge latest models.
Comes with Bug fixes and more enhancements.
RTN for Sprint has added.
Supports latest devices (Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, S6/S6 Edge, Note 5 etc)
Highly recommended for Lollipop firmware.
Added improved support files for Flash HOME_CSC _… Galaxy S7, S7 edge (no file _… HOME_CSC wipe data, wipe data file _… CSC)
Recommended for Marshmallow firmware.
Odin 3 v3.12.3
released in January of 2016.
fix the error of flashing for Galaxy S7/S7e USA model (AT&T, T-mobile)
supported by the new models of 2016 such as Galaxy S7, S7 edge, Note 6 and Note 7
Can handle the new compression of the S8/S8+ Oreo files
Released on February 2018
Download Link 1: Odin3_v3.13.1.zip
Download Link 2: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
Download Link 3: Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.44.zip
Download Link 4: USB_Drivers_188.8.131.52.rar
Download Link 5: ADB_Fastboot.zip
Download Link 6: Odin_3.10.0.zip
Download Link 7: Odin_v3.09.zip
Download Link 8: Odin_v3.07.zip
Download Link 9: Odin_v1.85.zip